We have been cleaning the ruins left behind by the left for 10 years
The Gyurcsány closed the OPNI, the building was allowed to be destroyed, Fidesz established the Nyírő Gyula National Institute of Psychiatry and Addiction in 2013, and now the listed building will be revived!
🔴Meanwhile, the pseudo-newsletter Libya propaganda media is pushing this text: "The elite school of the NER will get Lipótmező, but Lázár will not get a castle" psychiatry. There is no mention of the fact that more than 1,000 non-paying schools have already been renewed, nor is it that the textbook is free for everyone today. But there is "NER, and public money, and foundation, and other bullshit ... The same narrative is being pressed about the renovation of the former Avas hotel in Miskolc.https://szamokadatok.hu/Post/2378/Ujjaszulethet_a_miskolci_Avas_szallo
🔴TracksVideo: Hungary is renewed (2010-2020)
🔴Video: The director of the hospital speaks at a protest demonstration in 2007, hundreds of doctors and nurses were fired, hundreds of patients were taken to the streets.https://youtu.be/3AubusFBDhc?t=157
OPNI: He lived for 139 years, he was shut down by the left-wing Gyurcsány government in 2007, although looking at today's opposition politicians, there would still be a demand for it today.
On December 31, 2007, patient care was discontinued at Lipótmező, OPNI, or the National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology. The building was evacuated in several waves. They literally gutted, even ruined doors and windows. It is a characteristic fact that the chapel of Lipótmező, with its frescoes, which had been restored by the foundation set up for this purpose in the months before its liquidation, was left to be destroyed as the roof was soaked.
When OPNI was liquidated, the Gyurcsány government did not think about the consequences of the disappearance of this professional center. 119 specialists and hundreds of nurses took to the streets. About two-thirds of doctors were employed in 19 institutions far from each other, and one-third retired or were forced to go abroad. It is difficult for the highly qualified specialists and graduate nurses of the national institute to find a job at home, which is why they go abroad in larger numbers than doctors - from Austria to Ireland to Sweden. Nationwide, 423 psychiatrists were treated in 2006, compared to only 375 in 2009. The number of nurses decreased by 675 during the same period.
As early as the summer of 2007, the Ministry of Health issued a tender to “replace” OPNI. As part of this, HUF 7.5 billion was distributed among the various hospitals in the capital. This money would have been enough to reconstruct the Lipótmező. But this huge amount was spent by most of the institutions on solving their other urgent problems, that is, the amount went in such a way that psychiatry saw almost no use.
Billions of claims, patients left without care - in short, the “profit” of the decision of the MSZP and SZDSZ governments, which were still operating in a coalition and decided to close OPNI, can be summed up. The number of adult psychiatric beds decreased by 22 percent to 870 compared to September 2006. With the closure of the national institute, the only center that was able to provide the full spectrum of treatment for psychiatric patients was abolished. Some of the patients were transferred to another institution, while a significant part of them were removed from the health care system, and many became homeless.
There are ongoing professional debates around the use of the building, but no decision has yet been made. We found a drone video of his 2015 condition with a link attached.https://youtu.be/N4vn57vfREI
It will be the new owner of the former lipot-field mental hospital
According to the plans, a five-year, residential, international high school will operate in the former National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology II. district building. The institution on Hűvösvölgyi út, built as a mental hospital in 1868, was closed in 2007 and has been empty since then.
It appears from the amendment proposal adopted by the Legislative Committee of the National Assembly on 10 December that the assets of the Central European Education Foundation may be transferred to the II. district, Hűvösvölgyi út 116, which once housed the National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology (OPNI).
The establishment of the Central European Education Foundation was initiated on behalf of the government by Zsolt Semjén, Deputy Prime Minister, and Péter Szijjártó in a bill submitted on 10 November 2020 (No. T / 13660). The task of the foundation is to establish a secondary school, which qualifies as an “educational institution, an international school”, “a new, regionally educated public institution for students from Hungary and neighboring states”, and it also has a dormitory.
Under the bill, the new school will charge tuition, however, for social reasons, students can be exempt from tuition. The institution may also operate scholarship programs. We can read about the planned new secondary school in the document: “The new education institution is planned to provide high-quality secondary education for students in 4 1 preparatory years. Due to the nature of the “boarding school”, the institution provides educational activities in addition to providing high quality training, extracurricular activities are developed in the spirit of strengthening the Central European (especially Carpathian) identity, Hungarian and regional values are included in the programs, the transfer of knowledge of culture and traditions is a key element ”.
This institution will therefore operate in the former building of OPNI, as indicated in the proposal on its transfer of assets.
A II. district, Hűvösvölgyi út 116, located in a 40-hectare park, has been vacant since 2007. The building itself was built as a mental hospital, and it opened its doors on December 6, 1868 under the name of the Royal Hungarian National Folk Buda in Buda with three hundred patients.
As we have already written about it in previous articles of pestbuda.hu, it was first published in the 18th century. At the end of the 19th century, in 1791, it emerged that the first madness in Hungary should be built. The topic became very topical when in 1812 the mental hospitals of Vienna, Prague and Lemberg closed their doors to Hungarian patients. In early 1848, the Council of Governors sent Ferenc Schwartzer, a former member of the mental department of the Vienna Hospital, on a foreign tour to study European mental hospitals. Based on his experience, in the fall of 1848, Schwartzer submitted a proposal to the government to set up a madhouse. Although implementation was hampered by the War of Independence of 1848-1849, the solution to the problem again seemed urgent from the 1850s.
It was then that Lipót Göbl bought the plot of land in the cool valley of the Buda miller to build the national institute (after the former owner, the area was called Leopoldfeld in German, ie Lipótmező). This plot is located today at 116 Hűvösvölgyi út.
The construction was ordered by Ferenc József, based on the plans of architectural adviser Lajos Zettl. Construction began in 1859 and was completed by 1868, under the direction of Henras Drasche.
Built in a late romantic style, the four-story building was initially able to accommodate 500 patients. In addition to the wards, medical apartments, staff accommodation, kitchens, offices and warehouses were built in the madhouse. There was also a chapel in the building, a theater for patients, a salon with a piano and a swimming pool, and a research laboratory for doctors. The building is surrounded by a 40-hectare park.
Several well-known artists visited Lipótmező, such as the painter Lajos Gulácsy, who donated valuable pictures to the mental hospital. According to legend, Queen Elizabeth herself (Sisi) also rested here after the loss of her son Rudolf, heir to the throne.
In the 1950s, the child psychiatric ward was established here for the first time in the country, and it was also named the National Institute of Neurology and Mental Medicine. Later, this name was changed to the National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology (OPNI).
In 2007, the Gyurcsány government decided to reduce hospital beds and completely vacate the hospital buildings on the valuable plot. The National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology also fell victim to this. Patients have been evacuated, doctors and nursing staff have been blown away, and the building has been empty and deteriorating ever since.
HVG's miserable lies:https://hvg.hu/ingatlan/20201210_lipotmezo_ner_elitiskola_opni
We found a drone video of his 2015 condition with a link attached.https://youtu.be/N4vn57vfREI